Here we are on the verge of November and just like that another year has whizzed by at seemingly great pace. The questions is: what kind of year has it been for you? Why am I asking this with two full months to go? Very simple. Whatever you have or haven’t done, two months gives you enough time to make one last big push for your 2016 goals. So that is my challenge for you. Think of it like this:
- Is there something that you really wanted to achieve this year and through life’s daily struggles it just gently slipped back into oblivion?
- If you sat down and reviewed that goal, what do you think you could achieve with 61 days left? Is it some of it? Is it all of it?
- How do you think you feel come New Year, if rather than the millions of others who are thinking about New Year’s Resolutions from a standing still position, you’ve already gotten a huge head start and gained some crucial momentum?
- What has stopped you achieving your goals this year? Is there a blocker? A barrier? An attitude? Is it apathy? Is it motivation? How do you think you might overcome this to get going again?
- What’s the easiest thing you can achieve today? What’s the easiest thing you can achieve in the next three days? What’s the easiest thing you can achieve this week? Seriously, do all of them.
Most importantly though, it is very easy to forget that every single day is a great day to start working toward your future. Just one step in the right direction can sometimes be enough to get the second step happening and then the third and before you know it you are walking. Then you can start to run.
If you’ve read this far, I’d say you’re either bored and surfing the net or you are actually trying to get inspired. So if it’s the latter, then here’s what you need to do right now. Do not click any other link. Go straight to your goal and update it. Make sure it’s revised according to your new needs and schedule. Then start working on the first task RIGHT NOW. Do not make an excuse. Do not postpone. Do not procrastinate. Just do that task. As soon as I publish this post (and tweet about it) I will do exactly the same.
61 days to go. Don’t waste them. Good luck.